Voting

Monday, January 02, 2012

2012 - Goals

After some reflection on last year's goals, I have decided that it was a worthy activity for me. No lofty resolutions. No pressure to totally change. Just a few simple things to work towards.

1. Pack, purge, re-organize. The "Big Move" will help with this. It's maintenance I'm looking for!

2. Continue cloth diapering the babies and potty train the Schmoo. It's Battle of the Wills time. (If I'm really lucky, Claire will just follow suit!)

3. Crock pot cook more. It's so sweet to come home to a yummy supper!

4. Be more social. Sigh - I'm such a homebody. I need to go out with my staff at least once before June. I need to see my girlfriends without any of our kids. I need to choose to leave the comfort of my couch in the evening.

5. Get out with just Trevor more. I'm hoping that with slightly older kids, we may feel more comfortable leaving them with teenage baby-sitters. Aiming for some cool concerts!

6. Find as many free (or nearly free) local "adventures" to do with the kids.

7. Continue sewing little projects. I have an advent project in mind for next Christmas. It's my goal to get it done.

8. Resist the urge to buy more and more and more. (One thing I worry about with our new home is that we'll want to buy new everything when, we really don't need to. I'd like to wait a little while before we add to our new space.)

9. Pre-school for Simon. The area we're moving to has a fabulous pre-school that I'm super excited about. I also want to supplement that with some of my own teaching.

10. Be purposeful in inviting people to my home. I often panic about a messy house, not the right snacks or unruly kids. I need to stop being Martha and be more of a Mary!

I'm curious to see how 2012 will shape our lives.
What are your goals?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great goals Jill! What preschool will Simon be going to? I can't believe he is old enough for that already!