I set a pile of goals for myself in January of 2011. Now, I need to assess what I've done.
These were my 2011 goals:
1. Lose baby weight sensibly.
-Well, I'm not as heavy as I was last January. I have been able to go down a few pants sizes. However, there's more work to be done. Hopefully, when Claire is weaned, I will be back to my happy medium
2. Eat more vegetables.
-I think we did this. I tried hard to say "yes" to the side salad and "no" to the fries... didn't always work out.
3. Vacuum more.
-It helped that we bought a snazzy new vacuum last Boxing Day so, this was easy!
4. Cloth diapers both kiddies and potty-train the Schmoo.
-Both kids are in cloth diapers most days. They get disposables at the sitter's. Simon wears underwear 40% of his life. He'd be potty-trained if we operated on my will-power alone. Unfortunately, I have a head-strong toddler who'll figure it out eventually. (I have a feeling Claire will be trained soon after Simon so, this may be my last year of diapers... fingers crossed.)
5. Nap every so often - because I can.
-And I do! Yesterday, I had a good solid afternoon nap. This should be everyone's goal! :)
6. Find another cool concert to go to with my honey.
-Can't say we did this unless the free concert in the park on Canada Day counts. I need to try again on this one!
7. Recycle more... buy less.
-Still working on this. It's hard to back out of consumerism in a consumerist society but, we are trying.
8. Create practical items and gifts to reuse.
-Did this! My gift bags rocked! I loved making capes for the kids. The owls for Claire's B-day favours were a hit. I have a few plans for 2012... as long as I get some time to sew!
9. Have more family dance parties.
-This was pretty easy. Both kids have some pretty stellar baby moves. I don't want to talk about their parents.
10. Take the family on more travel adventures.
-Ottawa was awesome. It was a big risk and it paid off! Our Clear Lake/Winnipeg trip was pretty awesome too. I can't see us getting too far in 2012 but, we'll venture somewhere this coming summer.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy New Years and congratulations on reaching so many of your goals for 2011! That is awesome. I can empathize with the potty training - as much as we tend to want to hurry them along, it is so true that they figure it out when they are good and ready. I love your blog's new look, by the way!
Sounds awesome! Way to go, you! Are you making new ones for this year?
Post a Comment