
Last night, I spent most of my sleep time battling nausea and some pretty uncomfortable moments of being much too hot and then much too cold. Today, I could barely get out of bed I felt so yucky.
Today, I am thankful for a patient hubby who so lovingly looked after our minions. I am thankful for my in-laws who are having my sweet kids over for play time and lunch. I am thankful that this is probably only a 24 hour thing and that I should be back to normal (whatever that is) soon.
This is our 3rd bout of the stomach flu this year. We've been more sick in the past three months then the past three years. Maybe, our world needs to get colder to keep those pesky germs at bay.
On a funny note, Simon's been obsessed with his "microbes" collection. It started when his Aunt and Uncle bought him a stuffed brain cell. We returned from our Noon Year's at the Science Centre with The Common Cold stuffed toy for Simon and The Measles stuffed toy for Claire. Simon has pictures of all of them and plays microbes all the time. Thus, it was easy to explain to him that Momma has The Stomach Flu microbe (that creepy green guy to the left). Maybe microbiology will be his thing?

2 comments:
Those stuffed guys are hilarious!
And yes Jill, my doctor told me that when temperatures are bouncing up and down around zero, it's very hard on the immune system. You were on to something!
we had that dreaded stomach flu too and seems like there has been more to catch this year. Maybe the cold weather is good for something! Hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment