Voting

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stranded on the Side of a Road

Yesterday, on the way home from work (in -41 weather), one of my tire's went flat. I called a tow truck. He changed my tire. I drove on a dummy tire to get the kids. I realized that my back tire was also flat. We took the car to the shop. We now have 2 new tires. Blech! It sucked to stranded on the side of the road. It sucked to pay the bill. I was a little stressed out and it really didn't add to my already crappy week. However, that is done. Tomorrow is Friday and then, I get to kiss this week goodbye.

Today, I need to focus more on the good. Although we all have colds, none of us is really sick. We have two wonderful little people to snuggle. We have a wonderful, warm little house filled with all of our favorite things. We have a "Someday House" that is about to be painted and have flooring put in. We have a cuddly, cabin-fevered cat. We have an amazing babysitter who plays so well with our babies. We have great families who support us through everything. We have good jobs that we both like going to everyday. We have amazing friends. We have each other (and my husband gives the best hugs).

Sometimes, life gets me down. I think this is normal for all of us. I think the most important thing is that we only get one trip around the sun so, wallowing in what gets us down doesn't get us anywhere. Therefore, I apologize for my whining. Life is not all "happy, happy" all the time however, my problems are pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday - I'm sure glad to see a weekend around the corner!

(Fun news - Claire used the potty; she's loves that thing! If she keeps it up, she'll be potty trained before her brother. Claire also spent all evening walking around unassisted and without going back and forth between furniture... just walking. More things to be grateful for!)

No comments: