Voting

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Surly

I just feel like a big ball of surliness today. Maybe it's the lack of sleep last night (thanks to Claire who is either teething really poorly or has an ear infection... tba Dr's appt tomorrow). Maybe it's the deep freeze that my prairies has found itself in. Maybe it's grief over an accident that is leaving my high school community stunned and sad. Maybe it's that I'm tired of making meals for kids who don't eat them and then cleaning up gunk. Maybe it was the scary accident I saw on my commute to work that left me scared and in tears. Maybe solving Middle Years problems daily is getting to me. Maybe it's been the series of interminable inside recesses that don't really give me a break from my students. Maybe it's the Boiled Water alert that my school had today that just added to the "drama" of grade 6/7. Maybe it's my baby girl who won't sleep alone for more then a 1/2 hour in the afternoons giving me time to do not much housework or schoolwork.
Blech.
Maybe I just need a good night's sleep and some time counting my many, many blessings.

Thanks for letting me vent.

(Update - we took her to a mediclinic; no ear infection. Just a sad, teething girl with a bad cold... blech!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. that doesn't sound like fun at all. *hugs* but you're right. when you feel like that, it's time to reflect on all of the good in your life :) *more hugs* here's to more sleep and teething quickly and relatively painlessly :)

marla

Unknown said...

Jill, I'm sorry you're feeling this way, I think we all have our down times at some point. I totally understand your frustration with the not napping well! Hailey is a horrible sleeper, still getting up 3 or 4 times a night! Her naps are getting a bit better but there are lots of times I feel like pulling my hair out! Hope your week gets better!

Tara