Voting

Monday, January 23, 2012

Siblings


My kids started fighting when Claire was just 7 months. At first, we thought it was Simon bugging her but, soon we realized that it takes two to tango and that our little princess was pretty aggressive. (Once, when I took Simon shopping by himself, he told me that he was excited to have a cart to himself so that "Claire is not attacking Simon." - Yeesh!) We won't worry whether she can hold her own or not.

Our sweet pea is 14 1/2 months. She just started walking and she babbles up a storm. We're starting to have to discipline her when she throws her food on the floor or when she repeatedly attempts unsafe things (standing in the bath, making beelines towards stairs, etc). We're currently "fighting" about going to sleep without Momma holding her and I need to come up with a plan to wean her. Simon was pretty good about being weaned but, Claire's a little more feisty. She still nurses three times a day and I'd like to cut it back to just her morning nurse soon.

Simon tends to be a pretty compliant little man. He does however, get stubborn about the strangest things (no comments please, Mom). Claire tests and tests and tests to see where the boundaries are. I think she'll give us a bit more of a run for our money.

1 comment:

Debbie Irvine said...

No comment Jill...but I'm giggling!