Voting

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Clutter


It's that time of year again. The time of year when I feel the urge to de-clutter my home. Also, as our "Someday House" inches closer to completion, the reality of moving our entire household becomes more certain.

Today, I went through half of my teaching stuff. For you teachers out there, you know the importance and the hours of your life that has gone into the close to 100 binders filled full of developed classes. Today, I purged. I threw out my daybooks from my first years of teaching (eeekk) and I pitched ALL my university notes and memorable projects. I threw out documents related to a variety of extra-curr activities, staff meetings, provincial iniatives, etc. and I readied old university texts for Salvation Army.

I still have a collection of binders. With an uncertain future, who knows what I'll be teaching next? I'd rather not have to redo all my work if I can just store it. (Movers - beware of the crazy binder pile; it is precious!)

As I look around my house, I see it with different eyes. I think the next month or two will be a frenzy of pitching and purging. The recycling guys are going to wonder about our paper piles for the next little while.

1 comment:

Debbie Irvine said...

No comment Jill...but I'm giggling!