Let's face it folks, 100% Mommying isn't quite my bag of tea. At first, I was a little disappointed in myself... shouldn't I want to be with my kids all the time, planning playdates, playing outside, going on little adventures, teaching them things big and small? I LOVE doing all those things. What I don't love is day after day after day of yucky food, cleaning only to re-clean, crying, clinging, fighting and these 4 walls closing in around me. I have realized that I need to leave the house and do something productive that I'm passionate about. I love my job. However, 100% teaching isn't for me right now either. As much as I love the students, building relationships, gossiping with staff and facilitating memorable learning experiences, I can't handle prepping for 10 periods (with little prep built in), extra curr and all that marking. I don't want to be playing with my kids while wielding a red pen.
Therefore, I'm a giving 100% to my half-time life. There's less pay cheque (and yet more then mat leave) but, it is more rewarding. I get to have a little of everything except maybe a sit down lunch.
Kudos to you stay at home Mommas - I think you're brave, brave ladies. Kudos to you full-time working Mommas - don't burn yourselves out. For those of you who have found this part time, sweet spot - enjoy!
Friday, January 06, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good for you for finding that balance that works for you and your family!
Post a Comment