Voting

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Matter of Space


We have the kind of basement that would cause nightmares for small children. There are spider webs, a noisy furnace, and light bulbs hanging from the ceiling. As an adult, I think it's pretty handy. It's a clean, somewhat organized storage area. That's close to 1100 square feet of storage. My Dad made these nifty storage shelves that are awesome and hold a lot of totes. I've been storing A LOT of stuff. There's the stuff that we got for our wedding that I'm still not so sure about but, couldn't regift and couldn't figure out where to return it. There's the regular stuff that a person stores. There's a collection of childhood stuff that both Trevor and I have. There's our seasonal clothes and my fancy dresses. There are at least 11 totes of kids' clothes/shoes/jackets/Halloween costumes. I don't even want to talk about the entire section of our basement dedicated to the plethora of paper, books and precious binders that is my teaching stuff. Lastly, there is this pile of baby gear.
With our upcoming move, I've decided we need to downsize. I don't need to invest time or money hauling unused stuff from one basement to another.
I'm selling the baby gear.
Gulp.
No more babies?
Maybe two is just right for us.
I'm also throwing out the boxes marked "internship". I haven't opened them since my first year of teaching and that was 10 years ago.
I'm also taking some large trips to our local Salvation Army.
I refuse to move some of this stuff. I need to see it go. I have 5 replies already to my ads on the local used stuff website.
It's a matter of space.

1 comment:

Amanda Anderson said...

Hey Jill... I am very interested in some of your baby stuff! Can you FB message me about what you have available?? Thanks!