Voting

Monday, November 29, 2010

Cheatin'


Today is Trevor's first day back to work and my first day alone with both kids... kind of.
I'm a bit of a cheater.
I'm still using my baby-sitter... part time. Gulp, I shared it. That's right world, I am paying another individual to look after my child while I adjust to Claire.
Although, I do feel terribly guilty, I also feel a little relieved. Slowly, Simon, Claire and I will figure out how to do life together. Until then, Simon will still get his much needed play time with his favorite girls. It's just for a few mornings for a few more weeks. Our baby-sitter is so amazing, it's hard to imagine Simon's life without her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's great that you are sending Simon to the babysitter. I can only imagine how hard it is adjusting to having a newborn again. BTW, I noticed you have a fisher price bouncing zebra...does Simon like it? We are thinking of getting something like that for Caleb? Is it worth the purchase?

Del said...

Hey, if you feel guilty, how should I feel?!

I think you learnt from (me) that you do what you need to do to have a happy Mommy and happy toddler AND happy baby.

Live it up! Enjoy each moment with Claire, giving her the one-on-one attention that Simon also got to enjoy.

And throw away the guilt!

Janelle said...

No guilt, Jill! I think it's great that you are sending Simon to the babysitter part-time! It gives you a chance to adjust, it gives Claire some just mommy-time, and it gives Simon a continuation of his little routine. Enjoy your time!

matt&ruth said...

What a great idea! I think it is very smart of you to do something like this that gives everyone more of what they need as you adjust to being a mommy of two. Brilliant!