I'm a little overdue but, feeling swell. :)
We're currently savoring our last few days as a family of 3. 18 1/2 months old is bliss. We love Simon's belly laughs, babbles and constant desire for interaction. If he could have dream day, we'd read all morning, eat raisin toast and Nutella for breakfast and lunch, play with all four of his grandparents until nap time, party in his crib, zonk out and then wake up to play balloons with his baby-sitter and his favorite 2 girls. (We could do without the frustrating tantrums but, they're part and parcel of where he's at in life).
Today, he learned to scratch. He LOVES to "tickle" other people. He loves putting on his dress-up hats and watching Sesame Street. He loves to cuddle. He also loves to learn animal noises. He's finally added pig grunting to bahhing, mooing, meowing, panting (dog), hoohooing and roaring. He's mastered the stairs and has the most adorable version of a jump that I've ever seen.
Don't get me wrong, we're pumped for Schmoo 2. We're just enjoying where we're at too. When people call to "wonder how I'm doing" as an overdue lady, I smile to myself. Simon was 5 days overdue and I was pretty anxious. He came... he's fine. I have no doubts that this little one will show up in his or her own time. Until then, I'm going to bask in being the mommy of just one before the busy days of a newborn are here and all I write about is sleep exhaustion. :)

4 comments:
I know overdue well! I went 7 and 9 days with my girls.
Hope you enjoy your last days (or hours)!!!
I do not know overdue. However, I did make it to 8 months preggo with Reid and 7+months with the girls and that was misery enough. So I admire your positive attitude.
Baby #2....please arrive soon.
Amen! Enjoy each day that you have together - just you and Simon! When the new baby comes, though that will bring many of it's own joys, those one-on-one times will be a lot more rare.
I'm glad that you have this attitude. I was 8 days past my guess date with Abby and 12 days past with Josie but never got antsy.
That being said, I hope I read the announcement of Schmoo 2.0 soon. :)
Post a Comment