
She's here!
Claire Aimee kept us up all of Monday night. We went to the hospital at 12:30 to find that, although I was 4 cm dilated, I wasn't having consistent enough contractions to stay. This turned out to be an okay thing because, I was able to manage 3 more hours of sleep in my own bed. By 7:30, we were back at the hospital with very consistent contractions.
I was happy that my Birth Plan (read EPIDURAL) went smoothly and then, we waited a few more hours. Claire only made me push for 20 minutes and she was out. 7 lbs 5 oz, 51 cm long on Nov. 16th at 10:59 am.
I was so blessed with such a smooth and positive delivery. My nurses were amazing (I had two very lovely students wait on me hand and foot). My doctor is also amazing and she showed up on her day off to catch Claire. The new L+D unit as well as Mother/Baby are fabulous!
We arrived at home last night and have been very content to snuggle our babies on this very cold and stormy November day.

6 comments:
Congratulations! She's absolutely beautiful (but then you don't need me to tell you that!) Enjoy your new little bundle!
I'm so glad things went well for you! That photo of you and Claire (second from the bottom) is so beautiful! Congratulations again. :)
Congratulations! She's so sweet!
yeah!! Congratulations, you guys! We will be thinking of you lots in the coming days, as you adjust to being a family of FOUR!!
YAY!!! I love her name!!! Although, I keep messing it up because my friend's sister is Amy-Claire, so if I get it backward, I apologize!
ps. I LOVE your birth plan. :)
So sweet. You are both beautiful! I am so happy for you and I love her name, too!
Post a Comment