Claire is an EASY baby. How do I know this? My lovely little man was not.
I always knew that Simon was a challenging newborn but, the past 5 days have revealed that to me even more. My poor little man was one hurting unit during his infancy. Those casts and surgeries didn't make things easy on him (or us). He's such a happy little guy now. I know it was PAIN and not personality. However, I had no idea how extreme it was at the time.
I had been dreading Claire's infancy so much because, my only experience with a newborn was so stressful. He was so unhappy and all I wanted to do was protect him. Claire is sooo different. I can see why people love newborns. She's such a happy little snuggler. Her days and nights are a little mixed up but, she'll straighten them out. She protests her car seat for all of 5 seconds and then settles nicely. Her biggest trauma to date was her bath and, she'll get used to that too.
I'm also still in the honeymoon stage. Trevor's still home. We have no real routine yet. Life will change again next week when it's two against one. Fortunately, I think that this week of bliss with Trevor will give me the rest I need to figure out a routine and the logistics of how to take two little non-walkers out and about in the snow and cold.

1 comment:
Jacob was like that, easy after my not so easy first one (although hers was all personality). It was so nice to have an easier baby for my second when you already have one to look after. Also, non-walkers are easy, although I highly reccoment a backpack type diaper bag. It leaves one arm for the infant carrier, and one for the toddler, without having to worry about your bag falling. It's when they both start walking that it gets crazy!! Glad to hear you're settling in nicely. Also, I love her name!
Post a Comment