Today, I entered my 10th classroom (I've had admin who likes to play "Musical Classrooms"). I put up some bulletin boards (wow - elementary school teachers are a bit weird about these - I'm more of a poster girl), did some basic set up and cleaned my desks. I was excited to have some time alone in my class because that meant I was able to pray for each of the 22 students that will walk through the door on Tuesday.
My replacement teacher and I met for a bit and then, I went back home to my sweet kiddos who were getting to know and becoming re-acquainted with our amazing baby-sitter.
It feels weird to not be starting up the school year. It feels even weirder to only have 22 students for a full year (I'm used to around 100 a semester). It's also pretty strange to be in an elementary school with short people.
Ah - times they are a changin'...

No comments:
Post a Comment