Saturday, we switched Claire over to Simon's crib and Simon into a Big Boy bed. Claire was in a hand-me-down crib that I was comfortable with her in until she started to move (which is now)... I wanted her to be in Simon's crib by then. Simon inherited Trevor's Super Single bed (from back in his super single days). We haven't put up the frame, just the mattress on the floor.
Since nap times have really become "quiet times", nothing much has changed. Oh... except Simon can wander his entire room wreaking destruction wherever he goes. Mostly, he just reads books and sings on his bed.
Last night, after being up way too long with Claire (we made her cry it out - we're mean like that), I heard a huge thud. I checked the monitor and didn't see Simon's sleeping body on his bed anymore. Somehow, he'd fallen off. However, since I also didn't hear any crying, I figured I'd better let sleeping toddlers lie. In the morning, I checked the monitor again and, he was back on the mattress. It looked like he had just crawled up from the floor and fallen back asleep. Good for him.
(I guess, Claire, that's why we're teaching you to cry it out now - so you can solve sleep problems on your own in the future.)

No comments:
Post a Comment