Voting

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

A decade ago, I drove to school wondering about the plane that crashed into the Twin Towers. I listened to the radio and couldn't make heads or tails of what had happened.
My co-op (I was interning) and I tried to disseminate the news as it came in and share it with our students.
For P3 - we took our kids to the library so that we could watch CNN coverage on the TV.
I remember a lot of shock and silence from those grade 11s as we sat there.
One of our modified History boys predicted that the US would use the terrorist attacks as an excuse to go after Saddam Hussein. I still marvel that what he predicted came true.
This was only the first week of my teaching career and yet, it was such a formative day.

Today, I remember.

No comments: