Older people, especially ladies, tell me to savour these moments with my kids. This summer has been pretty perfect. This is how I want to remember it:
-Splash Park or other parks almost daily
-coffee for me and cookie for Simon and a nap for Claire
-reading stories to Simon on the Canada chair while drinking chocolate milk
-Simon's sneaky places and peek-a-boo tree
-teething on crab apples
-lots and lots of BBQ
-grocery shopping in the dark (the power went out but, everyone kept shopping - weird)
-picking endless amounts of dandelions for Simon to play with (and Claire to eat) on our "Bob" walks
-Fergus runs free
-loads of family time
-sushi lunches (my kids' favorite)
-maple leaf treats from 711
-Simon's "Big Boy Bed" success
I wish I could bottle up this summer and take it out in 10 years in February to savour all over again. I guess I'll just have to lap it up now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment