Voting

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Dear...

Dear Nora from How I Met Your Mother and Brad from the Bachelor,

You know that dream life you talk of... the one with kids, a little house, both of you pursuing careers, a pet, quiet evenings, etc. Your dream is my life! Please stop idealizing it!
I LOVE my life. It's just somedays, the bum wiping, booger picking, baby crying, sleeplessness, cat caterwauling, laundry, sink overflowing with dishes, house a mess kind of life gets a little much.
Nora and Brad, when I saw you both describe your dream lives, you were sitting in very clean clothes, with your hair done and you were in luxurious settings.
I think it's hilarious that you long for my life.
It also makes me feel good that I am where it's at.
This is as good as it gets! It's hard but, it's good.
Sometimes, I need to remember chubby toddler hugs, delicious freshly bathed baby smell, smiles that melt my heart, a husband who still makes my heart skip a beat, a warm house, the dream of our someday house, rolling over, singing the alphabet, warm baby breath on my cheek and big, big blue eyes staring at me with all that trust.

Thanks Nora and Brad for reminding me that, as much "fun" as you may be having in your single lives, all you really want is what I already have. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

You inspire me. When I have days where I wonder "why" I read (or re-read) posts like this and remember to put things in perspective. The one thing that I always go back to is the sound of my children laughing (as well as all you mentioned). My boys laughs make my day - every day.

Heather