Voting

Monday, June 01, 2009

a downpour...

Approximately 3 years ago, I had my church bridal shower and I was overwhelmed and inundated with amazing gifts. I'm still rolling in tea towels and serving dishes.

For the past 2 Sundays, Simon has been showered in onesies, cute outfits, blankets, toys and other baby paraphernalia. My sister-in-law hosted a really fun Eco-shower last weekend where guests were encouraged to think "green" while shopping for Simon. Yesterday, we had our church shower and, once again, I was blown away.

It's pretty awesome to be part of a community that really wants to tangibly support big changes in my life. The girls from my Care Group worked so hard to prepare food and plan games. It was so nice to have a room full of ladies showing up as a way of telling me that they support me and that they are interested in Simon's life. I'm very grateful.

Now... I have a pile of laundry to do. :)

No comments: