Voting

Monday, June 05, 2006

When it rains... it showers




Happy birthday to us on this rainy day in June. Today, I am 27. Wow! Trevor's B-day is on Thursday. It's a busy time for us. On Saturday, we took possession of our little home. It's sooo cute and we absolutely love it. However, we have our work cut out for us. In the morning, we lovingly explored our new home and did little jobs like line shelves and look at paint colours.

In the afternoon, we thought we'd do a little cleaning (silly us, we thought people actually clean their houses when they move out...)! I started wiping down the baseboards and realized, to my horror, that what I had initially thought was a little dust was really animal hair. The baseboards were covered in thick dark animal fur (2 cats and 1 dog lived there before us). BLECH! I think that there have also been some "accidents" on our carpet... thus the odd odour. Trevor took out the central vac and started to vacuum up the the fur. As he was vacuuming, I started smelling a hot cat smell. It turned out that the central vac was full of animal fur. Ew! Trevor cleaned it out and we're thinking about replacing the filter. It's a good thing neither of us have allergies.

Although kind of gross, this is really a small thing. We're okay with some hard core carpet cleaning and maybe lifting some of the carpet. We're also picking out paint colours and we'll eventually start that process as well. I know that I'd love a "ready-to-move-in" home but, I also recognize that good things take time (that's why they are good). We're ready to learn to make our home our own.

Also this weekend, I had my second bridal shower. The first was really small and silly. It was my staff shower and I wasn't the only bride so it was pretty easy. This shower was at Parliament. It was really wonderful. The ladies who planned did such a good job and I felt so cared for and loved. My goodness, I was overwhelmed with gifts. I can't believe that people (some I barely know) were so willing to go out of their way to provide Trevor and I with some material things that we really need right now. It was really awesome.

So, it was a chaotic weekend. One of many so far. However, we're getting closer to being married. I hope that we'll have pictures of our cute house that we can show you soon.

No comments: