Every time I take Simon out somewhere where there are a lot of people, I'm always asked the same puzzling question: "Is he a good baby?"
I'm not really sure what, exactly, is being asked? Are they wondering if he cries a lot? Simon does cry a lot. He's 6 weeks old. Crying is the only way he can communicate with us. I think he's a bit of a fussy guy but, maybe he's just very vocal. Who knows?
Are they wondering if he sleeps through the night? I think this is a pretty big expectation for a little man who's stomach is maybe the size of an Oreo cookie. At first, he got me up three times a night, then two. Last night, I only had to get up with him once. I'm pretty impressed.
What are people looking for when they use the qualifier "good"? What mother would ever say, "No, I have a very bad baby."?
Really... this is a puzzling question. If you have any idea what this means, let me know.
The picture is of a smiling Simon during tummy time. He's a lot more interactive now and his little smiles make my day.

2 comments:
You know Jill this is a very interesting thought. Good point. He is such a little sweetie pie!
I think people are just looking for signs of "insanity" that come with pushing an 8 pounder out of a very small space.
I find bawling your face off infront of the inlaws a great comfort for those looking for the "good/bad" debate ;)
Look how cute he is!!!!
Post a Comment