Voting

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Is IB for me????

After school today, I went down to the Board Office to investigate the IB program and my chances at teaching it. The IB (International Baccalaureate) Program is a world-wide, high school program that is academically challenging. It usually draws in highly motivated students who either take some courses in IB or the full IB diploma.
My teacher self is drooling over the possibility of working with students who are more then just physically present in the room. I miss having engaging conversations with our future leaders. Teaching IB History is my ideal teaching career goal. Getting there is tricky. I am only on a temporary contract. I need to make the right connections fast. We'll see how this progresses.

P.S. I did accept the grad speaking engagement at LCHS. I'm really honoured and equally daunted by the request. Ultimately, I'm really proud of those kids and I am so excited to see them succeed.

No comments: