Last night, I went out for supper with some wonderful Lanigan teacher friends. It was so good to catch up on school news and kid gossip. I miss teaching there. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE living in the city and being married to Trevor and near my family. It's just that, professionally, I miss being in the kind of community that we as a staff at LCHS had. Transient students, like the ones I teach, are a little harder to build relationships with also.I woke up this morning a little jealous. My friends were all in town because, they flew out this morning to the Dominican Republic. I awoke to a chilly -28C. I miss the warm sun. I miss my freckles! I miss spending time outside. Good for them though. I hope they have a fabulous time soaking up the sun.
Also, on a Lanigan note, one of my students called me up and asked me if I wanted to be the grad speaker this year. I was really touched that they wanted me to speak however, it's a really daunting task for me. I love talking in front of kids but, Lanigan grad happens to be in front of the whole town. Eeeek! That means talking in front of grown-ups! I told her I'd consider it. I need to make a decision soon and get back to her.

4 comments:
What an honor! I think you should do it. :)
Way to go Jill! I agree with Jen...what an honor! I think you should do it...you can do it Jill!
Lana
What an exciting and flattering offer. Good luck making up your mind. I hope you do it too.
Hey there girlie! You need to do it! They want you to be their grad speaker for a reason... something you most for surely should think about. Good luck in that tough world.
Post a Comment