Voting

Friday, March 02, 2007

Stuck on a PD day.

Today is a PD day. High school teachers are all over the city "refreshing" in their subject areas. As the sole Drama teacher at my school, I went off the university for a "Movement in Drama" seminar. It was FABULOUS! We worked in the Theater Dept. studio. That required us to remove our socks and shoes and just move. We did tons of fun, challenging and risking activities. I had a blast. As I reflect now on my experience (a good teacher practice), I'm sad that some of my students will never feel comfortable enough with themselves or each other to ever try something so freeing.
After my morning of movement, I did some grocery shopping and spent some quality time in Dollarama. That is my dream teacher store. 12 pencils... for a $1.... who can beat that???!!! I headed home to continue my PD. I have to do some online course about work safety. The course itself is dull but, the fact that I can do it from home makes my day!
I noticed that the city had cleared our back alley (the perk to paying high, LV area city taxes) so, I thought I'd try parking in our garage. We've had a lot of snow lately! I got stuck. I'm actually still stuck. After 40 minutes of shoveling, some help from my neighbour and some frustration, I gave up. Hopefully, Trevor can push me out. If not, I have to shell out $ for a tow truck!

2 comments:

classic kim said...

jill your dream is hillarious, but you know what's crazy? i had a dream last night that i was in or talking about the navy but called it the 'army' and then these people all got mad at me because i called it the army.

classic kim said...

i think that the moral of this coincidence is that im going to end up in the navy. there is no other explanation. haha