Happy Valentine's Day! To celebrate, I wore pink and gave my little monsters sugar. Tonight, I'm cooking a nice supper for Trevor and we'll dine by candlelight. No going out, no roses and no gifts over $10. Valentine's Day is a little too commercial for us. We prefer "non-forced" romance.My grade 9s are settling down. Either that or I'm getting used to the swearing and the lack of maturity. These kids lack the confidence to do anything. We played "Honey if you Love Me" today. They could barely handle it. Most were too scared and just wanted to chicken out. I had 5 kids sit like lumps when all we were doing was acting out kids stories. I'm so mean... I actually expect them to do things...
I took my grade 10s the university for a Shakespeare play (Merry Wives of Windsor). They were pretty entertaining to take out. They really didn't get the play but, they were enchanted with the costumes, the set and the special effects so all is well.
Last night, we had our Care Group over. Trevor and I are really blessed to be in a group with 4 other couples. We're a really new group but, I'm impressed with the depth and honesty that's going on. I look forward to every week and I'm looking forward to getting to know each of the couples better.
I have a Teacher Convention on Friday so tomorrow is my last "kid day"! Yeah! That is why I am happy, happy, happy! :)

1 comment:
I also went to see the play at the U of R, and I loved it. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
Post a Comment