Voting

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Something Old... Something New...

Did I mention my brother-in-law is getting married in 2 weeks?
He's getting married on Nov. 7th.
My official due date is Nov. 8th.
Hmmmm... we're praying that the baby comes late. (How often do mothers pray that way?)

Because it's a family wedding, everyone's involved. Even my side of the family is going. All the ladies are getting swanky new dresses. I will be 40 weeks pregnant.
Have you ever tried to find a swanky maternity dress in this town? For a woman in all her poofy glory? (This is not a cute, glowing, 6 month pregnant lady we're talking about... this is at the end, at the "I feel like an elephant" stage).
It's impossible.
I've toyed with the idea of online shopping but, my own body-image issues make me doubt and re-guess my size all the time... regardless of what I measure. That and I'm still a little skeptical about online shopping (I'm just a girl of the 20th century, I guess).
Today, I went to one of the two major maternity stores in town to check out their Christmas collection.
Blech!


For Shiya's wedding, she had us wear these gorgeous 7-in-1 black dresses. I tried it on today and it fits well. It's not something new :( but, it fits and it's classy. Look out wedding goers, there will be a poofy pregnant sister-in-law attending. Give her chocolate, keep her little boy happy and tell her that her "dress crocs" look awesome so that she doesn't get upset and have her water break all over the aisle.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You'll look great. Just get a fancy scarf to pair with the dress, and it will be new again!

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. I think you will look beautiful regardless of what you wear :).