Voting

Monday, October 04, 2010

A break and a sneak peek

I had an ultrasound scheduled for the morning. Simon and Trevor came with me. This will (hopefully) be our last chance to see Schmoo 2.0 before his or her arrival.
We waited in the waiting room for an hour... with a one-year old. He was a very, very good one-year old. His meltdown came when his Mommy climbed onto a table, bared her belly and let a stranger touch her. He was over-the-top mellow dramatic. I'd like to think it was out of concern for me. The hospital next month might be interesting because Mommy will be spend a lot of time in bed.

I called in sick for the afternoon. I still have that rotten fall cold and I can't seem to shake my cough. I slept through most of Simon's nap. I hope that helps my immune system fight it's way to normalcy again.

It's good to sleep. I'd forgotten that every pregnant lady should nap every other day if possible. Do you think my periods 5 and 6 classes would notice if I snooze through their lessons every day?

Schmoo 2.0 is head down and weighing in at a whopping 5 lbs 5 oz. He or she is kicking a squirming up a storm. Estimated date of arrival is now November 11th which would be a delightful day for a B-day.

4 comments:

Jen said...

holy smokes! i had no idea your due date was so soon. Seems like just a few weeks ago that you announced your pregnancy. Exciting!

Amanda Brown said...

You're so close! Awesome.
We never brought Avelyn to the hospital to meet her sister when Karenna was born; I didn't think she'd be able to handle it, and would have had a hard time leaving without me (we had lots of separation anxiety issues with her) so we waited until we brought the baby home to introduce them.
Good luck!!

Miller Moments said...

Excited to hear how soon it is coming. Definitely get your rest now because the 2nd one is not usually a sleeper and if I recall nor was your first. Take Care

Del said...

You broke the law of Dr. C's office. NEVER bring a toddler...it's always an hour (or more) wait! You could have brought him here!

Reid never came to the hospital either. He didn't get it and we thought why stress him out? He couldn't see his sisters in NICU anyway.

Glad to hear baby is doing well. Nov. 11 would be awesome. You'd always have a holiday for your birthday.

Counting down with you,
L