Voting

Monday, October 11, 2010

Gratitude


Sometimes, Thanksgiving seems trite. However, when I consider that all that I have are gifts that can be taken away, I am deeply thankful.
We've all heard the stories: friends who have lost jobs, health, homes, family, spouses, children. I can't imagine that kind of loss.
I have been given so much. This is what I am grateful for:

I am healthy. I have a healthy little person growing inside me. I don't have the same worries I had when I was pregnant with Simon. He or she is coming into our family at a God-ordained time and we are so excited to meet him or her.
Simon is healthy. He has been a resilient little trooper. His issues could have been much, much worse. We're so thankful that they are so minor on the grand scale. (He's also pretty adorable!)
We have some pretty amazing families. I love my family, my in-laws and the little family we are creating.
Fergus is pretty awesome too... despite the fact that he's the guy getting time-outs when the baby-sitter has all 3 kids here. (Poor guy's been relegated to the garage on those days.)
We both love our jobs. It's great that both of us get to do something that we're both passionate about and get paid reasonably well for it.
We tried to sell our little bungalow but, we're destined to be here a while longer and that's okay with us. It's cute and it's totally us. We still have enough space for two little ones to play and grow.
Every day, I thank God for the supportive man He gave me. I still can't get over how spoiled I am. Trevor is my best friend and my soul mate. He makes me laugh every day and he gives the best hugs. He's a phenomenal Daddy and somedays, he's the only reason I can stay sane.

What more can a girl ask for? Life is pretty grand!

No comments: