Simon's bandages are off now. His index finger is rough looking. It's red and swollen and yucky looking. The stitches are in the process of dissolving and it's healing. It's just gross to look at. He seems like he's in very little pain. He's a resilient little guy.
Normally, when adults have post-op wounds, we keep them under wraps. We probably do this because a) we feel sorry for ourselves and our post-op wounds, b) they hurt and c) they look gross. With toddlers, our Doctor says to leave the wound open. Toddlers don't feel sorry for themselves, if something hurts than they problem-solve and work around it and they don't care what they look like. Our only order from the doctor is to wash it with warm soapy water. A good bath does this just fine. The only problem is, thanks to my uncomfortable size, I can't really give Simon a bath anymore. Therefore, last night, when Trevor was at a meeting, Simon and I played water games so that his finger could get clean. I think I was one smart Momma.

No comments:
Post a Comment