When I found out I was pregnant, I did a mad scramble to figure out how many days I needed in order to still qualify for mat. leave. Going back 60% as planned was out of the question. Instead, I subbed for 20 days in the spring and started back full-time in August.
I HAVE to work until Nov. 1st. People keep bugging me to "quit" soon. Money doesn't grow in trees, folks! I was originally going to work until Nov. 5 but now, my last day is the 3rd. I'm a bit of a geek and I want to finish my units with my kids and have all my report card marks entered. That should all be done by Wednesday.
Thursday, I plan to pamper myself, nest, wash teeny-tiny sleepers and some of Simon's little baby clothes, pack our bags and nap. (I know it sounds like a lot but, I can be pretty efficient.) The weekend will be all about the wedding and then the baby can come.
Trevor laughs at me and reminds me that babies don't always operate on my schedule. Here's hoping.
(This post has nothing to do with Simon but, aren't these pictures Andrea took of him adorable?)

3 comments:
Thinking of you as your finish preparing for your new little one :) LOVE the pics - what a sweetie!
oh goodness, when did simon change from a baby into a little boy? he looks so grown-up!
Those photos are ADORABLE!!!
I'd definitely do the same as you - finish the units with your kids. A feeling of completion, I think, would be pretty nice.
I'm working right to my due date this time because my babies tend to be late. But you're right, babies don't come on schedule, but wouldn't that be COOL!?
Post a Comment