I wish I could hold tight to these fleeting summer days. It's dawned on me that the end of July is fast approaching. After that, it's August. I love August (because it's a summer month) but, I dread it's end. Back to school, back to new routine, leaving my boy full-time.
I want to package up these warm days where we walk to the park every day and have adventures with sticks and bugs and pretty flowers. I want to freeze time and enjoy endless nights of sleeping with the windows open. I want to bottle up the smells of suntan lotion, freshly cut grass, flowers in bloom and rain. I want to record the sounds of Simon's babbling and giggling.
I am going to embrace all these free days as gifts. We'll never have another summer quite like this one. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it that I can.

No comments:
Post a Comment