Voting

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

15 minutes


Motherhood has been good for me. It's made me a less-selfish person. It's also helped me let go of a few bad habits. I no longer linger and dawdle as I get ready in the morning. I'm proud to say that, I can get myself ready in 15 minutes of less (minus breakfast and making the bed). This works well for Simon. He can destroy the bathroom in less then 15 minutes too. :)
Being in the bathroom alone has become a luxury that I will never take for granted again. I'm guessing that I will have a bathroom buddy for the next 5 years of my life (hopefully, it'll be younger children and not still Simon). Even Fergus hates being left out of the party.
The bathroom has an allure for my kid. Maybe it's the toilet lid that goes up and down or maybe it's the flusher but, he's a happy guy in the bathroom. Hopefully, this will aid in our potty training journey in the new year.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's amazing how quick a kid can destroy a room - at least Simon looks good while doing it!!

Del said...

You make your bed?!

Impressive.