Voting

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Well Played!

I'm 37 1/2 weeks pregnant.
I just finished my stint co-directing a fabulous One Act Play with a more then stellar colleague. He was the tech director; I was the creative director.
We performed at One Act Regional Festival last night and we rocked the house! The audience was in stitches laughing so hard.
Today, we were adjudicated. The judges loved us. At the awards ceremony, we received 12 awards. :) Best of all, we came in as Runner-Up to the Best Overall Production. (Secretly, this is almost better then coming in 1st. The 1st place show now has 2 more weeks to tweak their show and in order to compete at Provincials. With the baby coming, I wouldn't be able to go to Provincials with the kids. We just get to rest on our laurels!)
I only have 3 days left of work (2 of those have Parent/Teacher/Student Interview nights).
After our great show, I feel like I'm going out with a bang! :)

2 comments:

Del said...

Congratulations! You look beautiful...and a little tired! Take it easy this week and look forward to your vacation starting.

Amanda Franks said...

Congratulations! So nice to be rewarded for hard work, your students must be uber excited as well!!