Voting

Monday, April 27, 2009

My Funny Honey

Conversation while lying in bed this morning.

J (just waking up) - Trevor, my uterus is deficient. I didn't have any contractions last night... again.
T (getting ready for work) - Someday soon you'll be sick of contractions.
J - I just want them to start.
T - You want a contraction?
J - Yes, yes I do!
T - (Coming over to the bed and hugging me really tight) There, I just gave you a contraction. Now, you can say you had a contraction today. Heh, heh, heh!
J - Sigh (rolls over and goes back to sleep)

Baby's still monitoring really well, fluid levels are still good, heartbeat is just dandy and Baby is thumping away inside me like crazy. I have no infection (always the concern for us PROM queens) and the Braxton-Hicks just don't go anywhere. I walk a lot and I drink a lot of raspberry leaf tea.
This sleeping-in deal is nice. I've been able to do some fun kitchen experiments with all my extra time (I made butter chicken and naan bread as well as cinnamon buns for the first time) and my house is really, really clean.
Still... it'll be nice to have this little person on the outside to cuddle!

6 comments:

Jen said...

It's so funny how we all wish for contractions and then when we get them, start wishing them away. Your babe will come soon and there are a ton of natural ways to attempt to induce labor. SOON!

Del said...

I really do feel for you! You're doing a great job of hanging in there.

Looking forward to "the day" ;)

Amanda Franks said...

Such an adorable man you married!

Janelle M said...

glad to hear that baby's doing well... sounds like you're coping well too. hang in there, I'm sure that baby has a plan and will come when it feels like it :)

Michelle said...

I need to know,... What is PRAM? I'll ask Jen. She knows everything about pregnancy and birth.

crazy mom said...

I was a PROM mom with my second. I feel for you while you try to relax until baby comes, or has baby come already?