Last night, on CBC, was the very first live Canadian IQ test. Andrea and I took the test via the TV and a scorecard printout. Trevor took the online test.
We all scored in the above average intelligence category which was pleasing to know (although, I was lower then the two... figures!) However, what exactly does that mean? It means I could make educated guesses about proverbs, definitions and strange number sequences. Does that make me smart?
I actually scored higher in the Math and Logic sections then I thought possible. I was lower in perception then I thought I would be as well.
I'm still a little opposed to the whole IQ determining your life idea (not that I think this show was pushing that theory). I teach IQ vs EQ (Emotional Quotient) as well as Multiple Intelligences in my Psych class. I'm a firm believer that it is probably your IQ that gets you hired for a job but it's probably your EQ (how well you interact with others and how well you can read social situations) that gets you promoted.
Also, just because we scored above average intelligence doesn't really mean much for my sweet husband and I. Last night, after taking the test, we realized we had accidently bleached our nice navy blue towels when we cleaned the bathroom. This morning, I was almost late for work because I kept forgetting to put things in my school bag. Therefore, I've concluded that my IQ is my ability to write a test. As a teacher, I can do that just fine and dandy. When it comes to life in general... I still have a lot to learn.
To take the IQ test yourself, go to this link:
http://www.cbc.ca/testthenation
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Trev & Jill,
I completed my IQ Test @ like 1AM (when I was reading your blog), and by the end, I guess my attentiveness started lacking. :(
URL: http://tinyurl.com/2x7mjz
I've got the logic & math working for me .... lacking in the "memory" department. Now I have an excuse for missing birthdays!
Thanks for the interesting & dynamic blog! From Trevor's childhood friend (reacquainted, amazingly, at Bethany).
Kev-N
Post a Comment