Voting

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Care Group

Tuesdays are one of my most favorite days of the week. The reason why is because that's the night Trevor and I have Care Group. Basically, this is just a group of a few of us from church who hang out, eat, pray for each other and study the Word.
My Care Group makes me happy. We have meaningful conversations and we really connect. It's really great to have such a good group friends.
Last night, friends of ours (J and C) brought their new baby boy. He's 16 months old. They are in the process of adopting Baby B from relatives in Alberta. He's adorable. He's also full of energy. He gets faster when he gets tired. That little guy can go!
J and C are AMAZING! I can't imagine a sleepy newborn in my life let alone a speedy toddler.
As a group of newlyweds, I'm sure that Baby B is only the first of many changes our little group will experience in the next few years. Gone will be the days of long, uninterrupted conversations and just hanging out. We'll become a group of very tired, kid-chasing, toy-toting parents who crave adult conversation. YIKES!

On a side note, Trevor and I have our very first tanning salon appointments today. We're going to Mexico at Easter and we both don't wish to have bad sunburns wreck our holiday. We're building up a base tan. However, I'm a little nervous. I've never fake and baked before. Neither has Trevor. Is there anything we should be prepared for or worried about?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your eyes burning out of your skull. Just kidding. I'm SOOOOO jealous you got to see J & C's baby B!!!

Jen said...

Ok, I've tanned quite a bit in years gone by a so I have tips.

#1- Don't burn your bum cheeks and shoulder blades. This always happened to me.

#2- You can avoid the above by rolling over frequently.

#3- Keep the face tanner on low until you are a bit browner.

#4- Start with very few minutes. Seriously- like 5 minutes and work your way up to 15 or so.

#5- If there is a fan in there- turn it on.

#6- When you come out you'll be a sweaty mess. Bring a brush and deoderant.

That's all I've got. I think it's so relaxing, despite all the above. :)

Have fun in Mexico. JEALOUS!