Voting

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Workin' Momma

I started back to work on Monday. I did a 1/2 day. It wasn't a paid half day. That's how teachers roll. I've since done 2 more full days. Man, were they FULL. Yesterday, I collapsed onto the Lazy-Boy and Trevor had to get a spatula to pry me off and send me to bed.
First - I LOVE my job. I love looking at my old lessons, ideas, activities, etc. and "re-vamping" them so that they are current, fun, interactive, etc. for my soon to be students. I love taking my pencil to my daybook and planning my schedule, writing the students names in the marking section and mapping my calendar. I love catching up with my colleagues and finding out all the news. (PS - Did I mention that I was able to switch Science 9 for Psych 20? I couldn't be more tickled to be teaching something I actually know!)
Second - I LOVE Simon's baby-sitter. She plans adventures for him. She loves him, snuggles him, cuddles him and is very, very attentive. I'm curious to see what will happen to her and Simon when they start hanging out part-time with the other family we are sharing her with. That starts tomorrow.
Third - I MISS SIMON. As much as I love his babysitter, I miss my snuggles, cuddles, stories, walks, adventures and little lessons. I feel very torn between a job that I love and my kid who has my heart in his little fist.
Fourth - Being sick when starting back to work SUCKS! Having a sick kiddo sucks even more. We both have some sort of cold/stomach bug happening. Simon's lost his appetite (which is pretty significant if you've ever seen this kid pack in the food) and he has been extra fussy. :( I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

All in all, things are at the good -> okay level of the scale. Trevor leaves for a mountain holiday with the boys tomorrow. I believe that it's good for him to get away. That still doesn't mean I'm not sad. I'm not looking forward to being a sick single parent of a sick kid. Sigh...

No comments: