
Trevor's away for the weekend. I get lonesome sans his comforting presence. I miss him with every fiber of my being. Simon misses him too. I hear a lot of "Daddy?" and "Daddoh?" lately.
On Friday, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and soon to be sister-in-law came over for a girly night. It was fun and it was nice to have such good company!
Last night, I went out to the farm to visit my folks. Dad was pretty busy trying to get the crops off (a bit of a challenge with all the rain) so, I spent most of my time with my Momma! It was great! It was good to be "looked after" for a change. She's also pretty wonderful in the way that she never takes over with Simon. She's there and she helps and they play but, she never makes me feel like I have to scamper off somewhere so she can have him all to herself. It was nice to stay up late, drink tea and talk about important and not so important things with her.
Now that I'm a Mom, I appreciate her so much more. I love my little Schmoo with all my heart and would do anything for him. I know my Mom feels the same about my brother and I. It's a humbling and yet, an oh so wonderful feeling. I hope that I can have a relationship with my adult children the way I do with my Mom.
(I know that you're reading, Mom - thanks a pile. Simon and I had a good time and we love you muchly!)

1 comment:
Yes, you are lucky indeed. I love my relationship with my adult daughters too. Different than than when they were young for sure but satisfying just the same. My relationship with my Mom is not like that. Remember be the mother that you wish your mother was. In this case, be your Mom. Kudos to her for being the Mom and adult daughter wants to be with.
Post a Comment