Voting

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ironic

Today, a young man in my Social 9 class became a tad upset because I was teaching him origin theories other then just Creation. (Remember - we did just read the Bible in class and learned about Creation as well).

"I'm a Christian, you know. I shouldn't have to learn these things I don't believe. I should get my parents to put me in an all Christian school so I don't have to know about anybody else's beliefs."

Sigh...
(Maybe his parents will call. I think that could be a very, very amusing chat.)

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is too funny! (but not) I definitely don't believe that just because a kid is Christian he doesn't have to learn other theories.

Dude need an open mind!

Andrea said...

That is ... sad. Especially because he thinks that he is standing up for his beliefs. I hope he learns something from this.

joel said...

Christ shed his blood so we may have ignorance.

Wow.