Voting

Monday, September 20, 2010

Commuter


I have a 27 minute commute to and from work. 27 minutes as long as I make most of the lights, have no construction on my route and avoid semis. Lately, it's been about a 37 minute commute. I'm usually okay with that in the morning but, it kills me after school. All I want to do is rush home to Simon sans breaking the speed limit (a lot).

As a farm girl, I've always had a commute. I actually kind of like it. There's a geographical separation in my day between where I work and where I live. I have 27 minutes in the morning to mentally prepare for my day. I have 27 minutes after school to debrief and sort out my thoughts. I used to have this fabulous commuting group of ladies. I miss them. However, with Simon, I'm not the most reliable commuter anymore. I'm back on my own.

Mostly, it's a pretty happy, mindless time during my day. I play my Ipod or I listen to CBC. My favorite artists to commute to are: Josh Ritter, the Weakerthans, the Weepies, Courtyard Hounds and Jakob Dylan among others. If only the sun would shine, it'd be a happier trip to work.

No comments: