Voting

Monday, August 23, 2010

Pity Party Erased



I just erased a very self-pitying blogpost about the tragedy of my upcoming return to work. I was reduced to tears this morning as my little man gave me a big bear hug and snuggle because I'm going to miss him so much. I'm heading off to Dashing Dishes tonight to prepare 16 frozen suppers to ease my supper stress for the next month. (I plan on doing this monthly until the baby arrives).
Instead of belly-aching, I'm going to focus on the blessings God has given me!
-I am blessed to be the Mama of one, almost 2 little ones. Simon is my pride and joy and I can only imagine how big my heart will grow when Schmoo 2.0 arrives.
-I have the most supportive husband in the world. He is willing to pitch in with housework and parenting tasks. He's also the best hugger on days when I have pity parties.
-I have a fabulous job that I love. The only snafu I have this semester is silly Science 9 but, if I could teach Remedial Math and Food Studies 30 at my inner city school, I should be able to manage one unit of Science 9 in a bedroom community school.
-I have great childcare lined up. Simon loves his baby-sitter (as do I) and we're sharing her with a family that I really like. This way, Simon will have 2 little playmates to explore his world with.
-I just made yummy cookies. I spent the morning with my sweet Mom. Fergus is my purring cuddle cat sitting on my lap.
Really, how can life get better then this?
Begone pity party... I don't need you!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

good for you - your positive outlook is so nice to hear! good luck with back to work :)