Voting

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mrs. Dash


I LOVE to cook... when I have time. When I don't have time, it's a huge weight that looms over my head all day. My brain constantly asks what will I make for supper that's easy and quick and nutritious and yummy and that Simon will like?
This fall, I plan to be quite busy. Full-time teaching + last 10 weeks of pregnancy + house showings + hopefully packing and moving = brain overload.
SOLUTION: Dashing Dishes
On Monday, I went to a community center (which happens to be in the area of town I really hope we'll be moving to), donned my apron and bandanna and, in just 1 1/2 hours, I prepared 16 yummy, nutritious, quick and easy meals for my family for the fall. These scrumptious meals include: spinach pasta bake, Asian bistro chicken, fiesta pulled chicken, Greek shrimp, Korean style ribs, melt in your mouth beef, 2 Mexican pizzas and marinated chicken.
I was tickled that I was able to use ingredients I would never buy (rice vinegar, Hoisin sauce, pickled ginger, frozen spinach, etc.) I'm salivating at the thought of this month's meals.
On top of all that, I also bought a super large pork tenderloin at Costco, cut it into slab and wrapped those slabs in bacon. I have 16 of those little morsels of goodness in my freezer too.
I think my freezer is ready for me to go to work. (It'll be a pain to move all that food to our new house though.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

That sounds like it will definitely take a load off your shoulders this fall.

I really have always wanted to move to that area of town too. I hope you get too!