Tuesday, August 17, 2010
A Colourful Cast
Simon has an ever-increasing army of "best friends". It started with his Tigger. We bought it for him when we went to DisneyWorld when I was pregnant with him. Something about the soft orange fuzz and the extra chewable tail has endeared him to my sweet son. (Lucky for us, you can buy extra, exactly the same Tiggers at SuperStore for $3).
Another one of his "best friends" is Ernie from Sesame Street. We don't own any Ernies but, we do get our daily dose of Sesame Street after nap time and Simon dances and giggles with glee whenever Ernie shows up. We've been taking a lot of Sesame Street books out of the library. This leads to Simon kissing a lot of pictures of Ernie.
Simon's newest "best friend" is an Ernie influence. To be like his role model, Simon has started carrying around a rubber duck. Last night, he slept with a rubber duck and his Tigger. He was a pretty happy dude. (I included this video because it is AWESOME. It is AWESOME because it has both Ernie and the duck. All it needs is a cameo from Tigger. It's also the song that is forever stuck in my head... sigh.)
(We're thinking that the baby might "give" Simon an Ernie when he/she gets here. Did any of you give your first child a gift from the baby? Did this help ease the dethronement at all?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't get your video to show up on my computer - I'll keep trying... I love how kids get so attached to their little special toys, I think it is so sweet. And yes, we gave A. a special gift from Caleb when he was first born. It seemed to make the whole experience that much more exciting and special for her, made her feel like she was really included as well. I would recommend it for sure - nothing wrong with bringing a gift with you when you meet someone for the first time :)
Post a Comment