Voting

Friday, August 20, 2010

Jam face and a sad countdown

I think I just mentioned Simon's passionate love of his Tigger. This morning, he refused to part with the wee stripped beastie and so, Tigger is now covered in jam. Blech! (Fortunately, we have multiple Tiggers so, when jam-face Tigger is taking a bath, Simon still has 2 other Tiggers to keep him busy.)

I'm getting kind of sad thinking about my upcoming return to work. I've really enjoyed my extended mat. leave and summer break. I feel reality looming on the horizon and this stirs up all sorts of anxiety and sadness. Most of the time, I push those feelings down, put on my rosy-coloured glasses and live in the present. With just 10 days of bliss left, that is getting harder and harder to do. Sigh...

How in the world do those American girls go back to work after just 6 weeks? (I could barely function after 6 weeks let alone work. My goodness, letting me loose in a grocery store was scary enough, I'd hate to imagine trying to educate children in my sleep deprived state.) Why can't I move to Sweden where Trevor and I would still have 8 months left of our parental leaves?

Ah well, 10 weeks of teaching and then, I'm off on maternity leave again... because I'll have another BABY! YIKES!

1 comment:

tanya said...

I can't imagine having to leave my babies every day, especially as early as 6 weeks! Fortunately, I was able to stay home with the kids, and will do so until I start school. And, I will say again, two babies is fun! (although quite a bit of work, but it's worth it)