We met 26 years ago (yeesh). She was the nameless My Little Pony and I was the clumsy My Little Pony (odd how 5 year olds define themselves). We became best friends in grade 4 when our original best friends left us for each other. Turns out to be the greatest break-ups of our lives.
It's fabulous to have someone who knows me so well. We're very different and those differences compliment each other in ways that are good for us.
It was great to spend the week holidaying with her and her sweet man. One of the best things about our friendship is that it feels like we just saw each other yesterday. There's no "catching up" or awkward re-acquainting. Instead, it's just sitting down with my best friend.
I loved spending the week in Canmore with her. It was good to have her see a little more of Simon.
It's crazy to think that the next time I actually see her, Simon will be walking (cross fingers) and I will have another baby in my arms.

1 comment:
I love having friends like that. Glad you have one too!
Post a Comment