Voting

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Six Months


Eeeeep!
Simon's 6 months old today.
I'm starting to measure my life by a new standard: Before Simon days, After Simon days.
In my Before Simon days, I slept a lot more. I weighed less (sigh). I had a
very clean house. Fergus was king. I spent a lot of time worrying and focusing
on other people's kids. I left the house to work.
In my After Simon days, I sleep less (wayyyyy less!). I dance to techno every morning.
I am a tickle monster and I know all his tickle spots. I have "play dates".
I have a messy house. My cat runs wild. I worry lots about my own kid.
I work at home.

It's different. Having a baby is life changing. People used to
tell me that. Now, I get it.

I'd never go back. Those baby chuckles and hugs are addicting.
Thanks for a great 6 months, little man!

(P.S. The picture is by Jen Wilson. Check out her blog at http://heymrswilson.net/)

2 comments:

Del said...

Happy 1/2 birthday, Simon! Can't believe how fast time flies.

I don't even really remember life before Reid. And that's just fine by me ;)

Amanda Franks said...

Great picture Jill! And I echo your comment about motherhood, I just couldn't go back having been blessed by the four little people I share my days with!