Voting

Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin




I've always enjoyed pumpkin carving. I like the squish of pumpkin guts. I like eating the seeds afterward (baked and salted of course). I like the challenge of carving.
This year, I wanted to involve Simon in the process. I dressed him in a garbage bag. (I know... I know... plastic bags and babies don't mix.) It was messy and oh, so much fun!

2 comments:

Colleen Wachob said...

Jill, what a cute little man. I had not read your blog for a while, and just caught up on a month's worth of reading! :) So sweet. I read your sweet little note to me back in early October.... thanks! I have often regretted not being more flexible and able to fully participate in the joyous festivities of your wedding... I know that in some ways, I couldn't really have changed things (babies do have to sleep, and eat, and cry :))... But I have also always been very glad we were there to celebrate with you. It was a blessing to get to go. I still tell the story of getting pooped on while stuck on a random South Dakota runway waiting for clearance to land in Winnipeg -- then going through customs there and finding I had no luggage. And showing up to your lovely lingerie shower with baby poop all over my capris with no clothes to change into. :)

I wish I could see you in this new mothering phase of life. Thanks for blogging!

Del said...

Well done! I love the name idea. I think we'll have to do the same with Reid (and be thankfull again for only 4 letters).

I also LOVE the look on Simon's face in the last picture. "This is SO boring".