Voting

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Showdown

Fergus vs. Felix

We have a new neighbour.
She has a male, adult cat named Felix.
At first, I thought it was funny that
we had cats named Felix and Fergus.

That's where the funny stops.

Fergus has declared an all out war
against the striped beastie next door.
He cries plaintively at the door and at the window.
He hisses and spits his contempt whenever he is outside.
He's drawn blood.
He has a battle scratch of his own to sport.
Sometimes, I can't decide whether to throw sticks at them to break it up or to
bet my new neighbour $20 that Fergus would
kick her kitty's tail!

Felix has one advantage. He knows how to leave his yard.
Fergus rarely tries that.
I hope Felix doesn't inadvertently teach him how to hop the fence.

Boys will be boys. I'm sure I'll be throwing sticks and donning
leather gloves all week.
Welcome to the neighbourhood, New Family.
We're excited that you're here so that my cat can
beat on your cat.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Go Fergus!!