Voting

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Averted



We had a "maintenance check" on Simon's feet today. Our Doc seems to think they're doing fine. Whew! Just the thought of casts makes me cringe. I really hope that we've left that part of our lives behind!
In other news:
-Simon has started solids. He's had rice cereal and banana. It works best if I let him "drink" the cereal from his bowl with some help from my spoon. Silly boy!
-We had two fabulous Thanksgiving feasts. We only had to leave one early due to a pending meltdown.
-Simon has 2-3 out of 7 good nights a week (getting up only once or twice). This is nice.
-I loathe putting on our jackets to go out... such a rigmarole!
-Trevor had a 4 day weekend. He was able to come swimming with Simon and I. :)
-We actually had people over, after Simon was in bed. It was fun! (We miss hosting.)
-There's too much snow on the ground. I hope that it melts this weekend!

Lastly, I think we are going to Vancouver. I appreciated all your helpful comments. Anonymous... I take what you said pretty seriously. This is my worry with Simon. However, I'll be sad if I didn't at least try.

1 comment:

Del said...

I'm so happy that the doctor thinks Simon's feet are doing well. I've been thinking about that!

Also, to the anonymous commentor...she/he has a point. Traveling with children (I think at any age) is not quite the "vacation" that vacations once were. You're basically doing what you normally do but with all the inconveniences of not being at home. However, I still think the change of scenery is somewhat refreshing!