My first day alone was on Tuesday.
I tripped over the cat and landed hard on my knees. Fortunately, this was during the 5 minutes Simon would sit in his vibrating chair. Fergus was a little miffed but, he survived.
We had 2 Dr's appts. We waited for 3 hours in the Ambulatory Care waiting room so Simon could get his third set of casts. Then, we boogied down to the south end to meet up with Simon's pediatrician. Needless to say, we had to nurse on the fly making my boy (who likes to take his time) surly. I whacked my head on the roof of the car lifting Simon's carrier out of the car. Nothing like a whopping headache, a screaming baby and another doctor's waiting room to make my day fabulous.
Seriously, Day #1 made me wish that both Trevor and I could have parental leave all year together. I have no idea how single mothers do it! Kudos to them.
Day #2 was better. Simon was alert and awake most of the day but, I did manage to get my clothes on, breakfast/lunch eaten and teeth brushed by noon! Yeah! We also had some fabulous company in the afternoon that reminded me that Simon really won't be a little baby for long.
Today, my M-I-L came for a Simon-fix allowing me time to do my hair, get supper ready and put clothes on before 10. Amazing! Then, she convinced my little alert baby to sleep! Success! Thank-you, Grand-ma!
We're heading out to my school today to introduce Simon to my students and staff. I'm really looking forward to getting out. I hope this little Magoo likes getting out too!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
blech...glad to hear you're still positive.
we can come over and bawl in your living room and freak out your cat ANYTIME...I'll be waiting by the phone ;)
hope you enjoyed your visit at school.
I used to think my days were productive based on what I was wearing and if I brushed my teeth or not. My extra productive days were when I had a shower and washed dishes.
PS, I appreciate you sharing your experiences on your blog. Thanks!
Post a Comment